Support SHARE's Work
Ways to Give - Every Gift Is Important THANK YOU!
Your contribution will bring HOPE and OPPORTUNITY to rural families in developing countries. Every donation makes a difference. ALL of your donation will go to a worthy project. (Generous donors in the past designated funds to cover SHARE’s overhead costs.) All donations are tax deductible. Registered charity: BN: 13150 7428 RR0001
For every $100 donated to the 3 year, four country project, “Families and Land”, two incredibly generous foundations are donating $175.
Thank you Willowool Foundation and Barrett Family Foundation for your incredible generosity.
- Give MONTHLY. Regular donations help SHARE plan and sustain important work. This can be arranged online at Canada Helps or with preauthorized cheques.
- Give GIFTS FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS, a gift with meaning. See SHARE Gift Giving chart below. Donate in someone’s memory, in honour of a birthday, anniversary of other special occasion. In Memoriam gifts are very appreciated.
- Consider PLANNED GIVING to create a lasting legacy. Ask about donating in a bequest, through life insurance or with a donation of stocks.
- Please help SHARE expand our reach:
- Tell friends and family about this effective foundation.
- Show our YouTube videos.
- Invite a SHARE volunteer to give a presentation at churches, groups and clubs.
- Can you help by fundraising for SHARE? Hold a garage sale, a plant or bake sale, a corn roast or a concert for SHARE. For help and ideas contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Fundraising Committee).
For every $100 raised by SHARE from donations and fund raising events for SHARE's three year project called "Families and Land", two generous family foundations are donating $175. Thank you Willowool Foundation and Barrett Family Foundation!
Gift Giving List
Planned Giving Helps SHARE Plan for the Future
- Charitable Bequests – Discuss your gift intentions with your family and financial, legal or tax advisors. A bequest in a will (of cash, real estate, securities or other assets) is a revocable gift should circumstances change.
- Life Insurance – A gift of life insurance is also a way to make a gift without taking on a large additional expense.
- Donating Stocks and Securities – Publicly traded stocks and securities are exempt from capital gains tax when donated to a registered charity.
Information: A bequest can be easily made, no matter how old you are, and for any amount. Through your will, you can bequest a specific amount, a percentage of your estate or the residue of your estate. Your gift can be cash, real estate, marketable securities or most other assets. A bequest is a revocable gift and you can make changes to your will at any time. You are not obligated to maintain your bequest should your circumstances or intentions change.
A charitable donation receipt will be issued, for the full value of your bequest, once the donation has been received. This results in a tax credit that can be used to reduce the taxes payable in the year of death. There are also provisions to allow you to apply the gift to other years if beneficial.
If you have an asset that you have considered leaving to SHARE but could use the tax benefit now, then a Charitable Remainder Trust or a Gift of Residual Interest may be alternatives for you to consider. A gift of life insurance is also a way to make a substantial gift without taking on a large additional expense.
Discuss your gift intentions with your family and financial, legal or tax advisors. SHARE would be pleased to work with you to develop a gift that is meaningful to you.
For more information on charitable giving, contact Joe Gray (SHARE – Donor Relations) – 647-887-9419 or email@example.com
Have You Considered Donating Your Time?
The success of S.H.A.R.E. over the past 43 years is a direct result of the contributions of many individuals, people who have gone beyond the usual expectations of a donor and have leveraged their abilities and resources. They have freely given their time, knowledge and expertise to help others by raising both funds and awareness for an extremely worthwhile cause.To those who have actively supported our past efforts, on behalf of those in whose lives you have made a difference, we humbly thank you.
The future of S.H.A.R.E. will also be found in significant individual initiatives. To those who have ever considered trying to do something beyond ordinary, we encourage you to explore the possibilities.
If you or your group would like to consider adopting a fundraising project or committing to an annual event. Please contact SHARE.
As individuals, working together, we have seen that it is possible to make a profound difference in the lives of others. This is and always will be our primary motivation.
“Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have.”
~ Margaret Mead
From the Board of Directors of SHARE